Zucchini with Dill
This is a much-requested recipe. Everyone loves the creamy sour cream sauce enhanced with dill.—Diane Glowinski, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, sugar and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and dill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini with Dill in Taste of Home June/July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.