Zucchini Tomato Toss
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over zucchini mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Jul 14, 2015
This was a great recipe to use up ripe veggies! Ours was equal amounts of tomato and zucchini. Used fresh basil. Absolutely perfect to accompany a summer meal. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, I enjoy recipes that can be assembled quickly and have lots of flavor. This is a winning dish!
Jul 3, 2011
This is very good boiled for 10 minutes also. I like it both ways. My sister told me about this.