- 2 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- Dash each pepper and dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt. Add the V8 juice, tomato, pepper and basil; cook until heated through. Garnish with cheese and bacon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Tomato Soup
"This is great for a cold day. Not too spicy but just enough to warm you up. Our family loves it!"