- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add cumin, oregano and salt. Stir in picante sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomato; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZucchini-Tomato Saute
"I made this with a combination of zucchini and yellow summer squash from my garden. I used Pace medium picante sauce to give it a little more kick than mild. The dish was really flavorful which is great because zucchini can be very bland. My son and I loved it. Even my husband who usually hates zucchini thought it was pretty good. Next time I might try adding some fresh or frozen corn like in the Mexican dish calabacitas."
"I modified the recipe and it was great"