Zucchini Tomato Provencal
Here's a delicious side dish I turn to often. Vegetarians can make it into a main dish by simply adding vegetables to the pasta.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, quartered and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 117 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Provencal in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.