Roswell, New Mexico’s Alpha Wilson dices tomato and zucchini, then splashes them with a fresh, flavorful dressing and serves it over salad greens for a party-pretty side dish that goes together in minutes.
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup seeded diced tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ready-to-serve salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, 1/4 cup tomato, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Serve on salad greens; sprinkle with remaining tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p23