- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups day-old cubed bread
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and poultry seasoning. In a small bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bread cubes, zucchini, cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forZucchini Stuffing
"Love this recipe, I added a little chicken stock because it was a little dry when I made it and omitted the celery because I'm not a fan of celery. I make this every fall for family when they come to visit!"
"Did not like the dry taste of it - 1 cup of flour and 4 cups of bread was too too dry and not a very good taste withi the pumpkin - Wisconsin - would not recommend."
"Loved it. Made half the recipe in an 8x8. Required 5 or 10 more minutes uncovered baking time."
"this dish was delicious! Sort of like a stuffed zucchini boat, except all mixed together in a convenient casserole. I was skeptical about the pumpkin, but really liked the flavor combination in the end. We served it as a main dish was side salads."