Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 12 ounces Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices; brown in a Dutch oven. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Add green pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1340mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 1, 2013
This soup is good, healthy and versatile. I like to switch up the meat and veggies. It is my brother-in-law's new favorite soup now.
Sep 20, 2013
Yummy--Capital "Y". This soup has a great flavor and has become a regular meal in our home and family. Not "just"another zucchini recipe!
Aug 30, 2013
Good recipe. I loved the spicy flavor this soup had. I will make it again. Variations of sausage change the flavor a bit. Love spicy Italian Sausage in it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.