Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 12 ounces uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices; brown in a Dutch oven. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Add green pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1340mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2013
This soup is good, healthy and versatile. I like to switch up the meat and veggies. It is my brother-in-law's new favorite soup now.
Sep 20, 2013
Yummy--Capital "Y". This soup has a great flavor and has become a regular meal in our home and family. Not "just"another zucchini recipe!
Aug 30, 2013
Good recipe. I loved the spicy flavor this soup had. I will make it again. Variations of sausage change the flavor a bit. Love spicy Italian Sausage in it.