- 12 ounces pork breakfast sausage links
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices; brown in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Add green pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forZucchini Soup
"Yummy--Capital "Y". This soup has a great flavor and has become a regular meal in our home and family. Not "just"another zucchini recipe!"
"Good recipe. I loved the spicy flavor this soup had. I will make it again. Variations of sausage change the flavor a bit. Love spicy Italian Sausage in it."