Zucchini Snack Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside. In another large bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in sugar, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and nuts (batter will be stiff).
- Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 184 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 2, 2018
My favorite zucchini recipe for years now. Can’t believe there aren’t more reviews. The spice is just right and I use them in other quick bread recipes now with great results. Has that bakery flavor to it that along with the moistness makes it outstanding. Thank you for such a good recipe!
Sep 22, 2012
This is the BEST!!!!My family ate the two loaves in one day.
Jun 24, 2012
This is the first year I planted Zucchini so was looking for good recipes -- this one is a keeper! I made for Son and Grandson and the first loaf went very, very quickly. Great flavor and very moist
Aug 23, 2010
This was the first recipe I ever used zucchini in quite a few years ago, it is really good, just right!
Aug 23, 2010
This makes a wonderful quick bread. The spice and sweetness is just right, and very moist. Disappeared at work very quickly!