Zucchini Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes11 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 4, 2015
Simply fantastic recipe! Made this one weeknight, and the kitchen smelled like the country fair. Simple, easy and filling. Can control the spiciness of this recipe by choosing sweet or hot Italian bulk sausage. Will be making again, especially in the cooler months. :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.