- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly. Finely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, lime peel, salt and honey, if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forZucchini Salsa Verde
"This was an interesting and different salsa (in a good way)! I loved roasting the veggies on the grill and it had a nice, fresh taste to it. I only gave it four stars because it needs a little bit of something else (seasoning wise) to work for my family's tastes. Plus, it's another great way to use some zucchini!"