Zucchini Red Pepper Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 jars (one 24 ounces, one 14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs and pesto; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and mushrooms in oil until tender; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles; spread 1 cup sauce to edges of noodles. Layer with half of the zucchini mixture, red peppers and cheese mixture. Top with three more noodles and another cup of sauce. Layer with remaining zucchini mixture, peppers, cheese mixture, noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 241 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sep 24, 2010
Very easy and good. Vegetarian friends loved it.
Mar 8, 2010
Delicious and easy! Even the kids will eat this. It has been added to my permanent recipe rotation.
Aug 10, 2009
This was very easy to make and tastes great! I ended up using a "garden combination" spaghetti sauce which made it a little chunkier.