- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 jars (one 26 ounces, one 14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs and pesto; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles; spread 1 cup sauce to edges of noodles. Layer with half of the zucchini mixture, red peppers and cheese mixture. Top with three more noodles and another cup of sauce. Layer with remaining zucchini mixture, peppers, cheese mixture, noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Red Pepper Lasagna
"Very easy and good. Vegetarian friends loved it."
"Delicious and easy! Even the kids will eat this. It has been added to my permanent recipe rotation."
"This was very easy to make and tastes great! I ended up using a "garden combination" spaghetti sauce which made it a little chunkier."