Zucchini Raisin Bread
Billie Hersh of Ritzville, Washington makes this moist bread with shredded zucchini, plump raisins and cinnamon. "Try slices of it toasted," she suggests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 125 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Raisin Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.