Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Return to the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 91 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 28, 2012
Oh, I did add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and one more potato since we all love our potatoes.
Feb 28, 2012
This is a good way to use up zucchini. My husband has been on a dairy free diet for many years and has missed the creamy type soups. He loved this soup saying it was a good substitute for a creamy soup. My 8 and 10 year old kids liked it too. Will be making it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.