Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Return to the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 91 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2012
Oh, I did add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and one more potato since we all love our potatoes.
Feb 28, 2012
This is a good way to use up zucchini. My husband has been on a dairy free diet for many years and has missed the creamy type soups. He loved this soup saying it was a good substitute for a creamy soup. My 8 and 10 year old kids liked it too. Will be making it again.