- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Stir back into the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forZucchini/Potato Soup
"Oh, I did add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and one more potato since we all love our potatoes."