Living on a 90-acre farm, I've learned to love gardening and canning. I freeze lots of zucchini already measured out for this recipe. With my family of five, I can never get away with making just one batch of these delicious pancakes!
Recommended: 50 Recipes to Make the Most of the Fall Harvest
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large potatoes, peeled and finely shredded (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Place zucchini in a bowl; add potato and onion. Stir in the cornmeal, flour, salt and egg; mix well.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with oil. Add 2 tablespoons batter. Press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Zucchini Potato Pancakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews forZucchini Potato Pancakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2015
"These are great. I really like the addition of zucchini & cornmeal"