Zucchini Potato Pancakes
Living on a 90-acre farm, I've learned to love gardening and canning. I freeze lots of zucchini already measured out for this recipe. With my family of five, I can never get away with making just one batch of these delicious pancakes!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large potatoes, peeled and finely shredded (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Place zucchini in a bowl; add potato and onion. Stir in the cornmeal, flour, salt and egg; mix well.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with oil. Add 2 tablespoons batter. Press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with sour cream.
Originally published as Zucchini Potato Pancakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.