Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Press excess liquid from zucchini and place in a bowl. Add eggs, flour, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil and salt; mix well. Spread evenly over the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle zucchini crust with olives, green onions, green pepper, cheese, and remaining oregano and basil. Cover with tomato slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 3, 2010
sorry, this is the wrong zucchini pizza recipe that I meant to rate....disregaurd previous rating.
Sep 3, 2010
I am gluten free and this recipe is easy to convert to gluten free since the crust is made of rice, zucchini and other non-bread ingredients. My whole family loved this. They gobbled it up and didn't care that it was good for them! I used brown rice instead of white, which made this recipe even healthier. A+++