- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 ounce sliced turkey pepperoni, julienned
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives and Italian seasoning; remove from the heat.
- Unroll one loaf of dough, starting at the seam. Pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle half of the provolone and pepperoni to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread with half of the zucchini mixture; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough, pepperoni, cheeses and zucchini mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Reviews forZucchini Pizza Loaves
"Our family gets together every year at the beginning of football season. This year I decided to make a variety of stromboli with this recipe being one of my choices. Definitely a favorite with all. A nice meld of flavors. Will definitely make again and again."
"We made this to watch the Super Bowl and loved it. My hope was that we would eat less of this than ordering pizza. Well, my husband and I polished it off before half time. Very good. We will make it again."