Zucchini Pizza Bites
When we had a vegetable garden, I was constantly looking for ways to use my ample supply of zucchini. In this family-favorite recipe, zucchini is used to make a garden-fresh-crust.—Cathy Dawe, Kent, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine zucchini, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and eggs; mix well. Press on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is set and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion salt and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; mix well. Spoon over crust. Sprinkle with green pepper, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and remaining cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 2-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 175 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Pizza Bites in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.