- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine zucchini, sugar, lemon juice and pineapple with juice; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, at a full boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin. Spoon into clean jelly jars. Cover and cool. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 7-1/2 pints.
Reviews forZucchini Peach Jelly
"I left out the sugar and lemon juice. This is a delicious condiment! Thank you, Ruth, for sharing this recipe."
"Tried this recipe this year (2014) for the first time. I used both zucchini and yellow squash and canned using the water bath method as well. The mixture takes about 24 hours to completely jell to a jam consistency but my family does Love the taste! I will definitely be making more as soon as we have more zucchini and yellow squash ripen! Some of this will definitely go into our Christmas Gift Baskets!"
"I made this jam with some zucchini from my garden. It is delicious. I canned the jelly using the water bath method. That way I could take advantage of the abundant zucchini and can share the jam for gifts."