Zucchini Pasta Bake
My husband is a gardener in our family, and I love to create new recipes with produce. I developed this dish during an especially bountiful zucchini harvest.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese topping. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 277 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Originally published as Zucchini Pasta Casserole in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition