- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 9-10 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Parmesan
"Awesome dish, can eat all by myself,, good leftover also"
"This is a favorite in my family -- like a ratatouille for people who are not fond of eggplant."
"My mother and now I make a similar version of this dish. It makes it a meal instead of a side dish. Brown 1 lbs of ground beef , drain an crumble it up. Take 3/4 lbs of uncooked dry spaghetti noodles and put on bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle hamburger over noodles andlayer zucchini over. Add 2 cans of the diced tomato with juice over . Add 6 tbls butterand a 1/2 c water. bake for about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parm cheesebefore serving. Good with bread and butter."
"Really liked this as a side dish. I cut the sodium (because we have to in our house) by only adding 1/4t of seasoned salt and I used Italian seasoned diced tomatoes with no salt added. I did add a little more Italian seasoning with no salt added (oregano, thyme, and garlic)"
"My hubby and I have to watch our salt intake, and he's sensitive to pepper. I used italian seasoning instead of salt and pepper. It turned out awesome."
"This was a delicious dish. I didn't change anything except I cut it in half. Make sure you watch the zucchini... you don't want it getting too done in the first step because it will continue cooking in the second step. I made this as a side to marinated grilled steak. I will definitely make this again."
"It was good. I would rather have fried zucchini."
"Great side dish!"
"I thought it was great."