Zucchini Oven Omelet
Having been married for 50 years, I've had a lot of experience cooking meals for family and friends. They enjoy whatever I make, but this variation of a standard omelet is everyone's favorite.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini and green pepper in oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper; pour over the vegetable mixture. Cook and stir gently for 3 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 223 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Oven Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook