Zucchini Oat Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, oats baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs; combine with zucchini and oil. Stir into dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 cull. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 28, 2015
Nice hearty muffins
Mar 2, 2011
These are some of the most delicious muffins we make at home: even the kids love them. Slightly sweet and an enjoyable cruchy top. They don't last long!
Jul 18, 2008
These seemed a little dry. Next time I think I would add a little more oil. I did make a crumb topping which I put on them before I baked them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.