- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat in oil, vanilla and lemon peel. combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forZucchini Nut Bread
"This is basically the recipe I've used for years. Everyone who has tasted my zucchini bread wanted more. The addition of lemon peel is new to me."
"I exchanged for Splenda brown sugar and used olive oil instead of vegetable had no lemon zest. It tasted wonderful. Will be using again"
"I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better."
"Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand."
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it."
"This bread rose the highest of any zucchini bread I have ever made! I used 7 3/4 x 4 1/2 pans and the loaves rose 1/2 inch over the top of the pan. They still came out of the pan just fine. The bread is moist and delicious. The lemon zest gives it a sparkle of flavor. Yay for a new go-to zucchini bread recipe!"
"I made it exactly except for lemon zest(didn't have any). Very good recipe great flavor not too dense and flavorful. Will make again"