- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat 375°. In large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. In a bowl, mix egg and cottage cheese.
- Trim ends of zucchini; cut lengthwise into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Layer half of the slices in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; dust with half of the flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half of the meat sauce. Add remaining zucchini; dust with remaining flour. Spread with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 40 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Lasagna
"We have plenty of zucchini in our garden and we're always looking for new ways to use it. This is a pretty yummy way! I used Jimmy Dean sausage instead of hamburger. I also doubled the cottage cheese mix and added more cheese because I like my lasagna nice and rich! I also peeled and de-seeded the zucchini."
"Me and my husband loved it!!!!! I did make a few changes, like added spinach and green peppers..."
"Not bad...but a little bland and very watery! Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't make it again."
"If you don't like zucchini...you need to try this! It will make you a zucchini lover!"
"I omitted the flour, since I'm avoiding carbs. Which made the final result a little watery, but it was still delicious."
"Trying this today. pix not same as direction.+cook covered-uncovered"
"We love this recipe. It is a great way to get kids to eat zucchini.Sarah"
"I've made zucchini lasagna, but never used the flour as in this recipe. I'm sure it will make the end result more firm and manageable"