"Someone shared this zucchini recipe with me years ago. Light and refreshing, it complements any meat you serve it with," pens Sandi Laskowski of Rapid City, South Dakota. Reduced-fat sour cream helps keep the calorie count down, while dill boosts the flavor. Try Sandi's sauce over chicken or grilled fish.
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cubed unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, salt, bouillon and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, sugar and lemon juice. Combine sour cream and flour until smooth. Gradually add to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini in Sour Cream Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p6
Reviews forZucchini in Sour Cream Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2015
"I have made this many times and it is definitely a favorite!"
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2014
"This is a lovely side dish and a good way to use zucchini."