Zucchini Harvest Salad
I'm always looking for new recipes for this versatile vegetable. Zucchini is so abundant this time of year, and it tastes so good! It's easy to prepare, stores well and is colorful. This salad goes well with pork and chicken.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup mild or medium picante sauce or salsa
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients, toss to mix. In a small bowl or jar, combine all remaining ingredients except lettuce and shake or mix well. Pour over vegetables. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Serve in large salad bowl lined with lettuce or in individual "cups".
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Harvest Salad in Country August/September 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.