Zucchini & Gouda Skillet Frittata
This is a version of a skillet dish that my mother-in-law, Millie, created to use up all that extra summertime zucchini. The Gouda melts beautifully, but you can make it with Swiss or sharp cheddar, too. —Susan Marshall, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini (7 to 8 ounces each), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Combine the first 5 ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes; remove.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook until set, gently lifting edges of cooked egg to allow liquid to run underneath. Top with zucchini mixture, diced tomato and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle basil on top.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 238 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.