Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta or other specialty shape pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, 2 tablespoons of drippings. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the zucchini and salt; cook 6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain pasta and add to the zucchini mixture. Add lemon juice and bacon; toss. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2019
Pasta and bacon....delicious combination. This is easy to throw together and delicious. I added some freshly ground black pepper and chiffonade basil right before serving.
Oct 24, 2013
Great use of squash from the garden! Sometimes I substitute cubed ham in place of bacon. My husband loved it.
Aug 4, 2013
I love this recipe! We've usually eaten this as a main dish as it is very filling. Even my kids like it!