- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta or other specialty shape pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain; discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and salt; cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the zucchini mixture. Add lemon juice and bacon; toss. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forZucchini-Garlic Pasta
"Great use of squash from the garden! Sometimes I substitute cubed ham in place of bacon. My husband loved it."
"I love this recipe! We've usually eaten this as a main dish as it is very filling. Even my kids like it!"