Zucchini Fruit Cocktail Loaf Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 can (17 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, oil and vanilla; beat well. Stir in zucchini and fruit cocktail. Combine dry ingredients; stir into zucchini mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze one loaf to enjoy months later.
1 slice: 195 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Fruit Cocktail Loaf
"I really wanted this to be good, but it just wasn't :("