- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs and salt.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion and zucchini until onion is crisp-tender. Pour in egg mixture; cook until almost set, 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Frittata
"I made this and it was excellent! I think the next time I make it I will use some shredded pepper jack cheese instead of the swiss cheese to give it a little zing. Definitely a keeper recipe"
"I absolutely loved this! I used my skillet and let my zucchini and finely-chopped onions get nice and browned before I added the eggs. For my own personal taste, I used half the swiss cheese and onions and added a little extra salt and pepper at the end. Definitely going to keep this in my breakfast rotation while my zucchini plant is producing fruit in abundance!"
"I made this recipe twice. First time by the exact recipe, except i doubled it. It was really good. The second time I added onion, yellow squash, spinach and bacon. Plus 1 tsp garlic powder and salt and pepper. It was amazing...it took 30 min to bake."
"Very bland and didn't cook right. Sorry but we had to order take out in stead."
"good and easy--didn't have enough zucchini one time--so I had some mexican rice left over and threw that in--liked it even more--gave it more spice--trying it with eggplant now-thanks"