Zucchini Egg Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 1/2 lb.), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 4 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in zucchini and sausage; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Gently stir in red peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese. With back of spoon, make four wells in potato mixture; break an egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
1 serving: 316 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Apr 19, 2016
Very, very fresh and tasty. The roasted red pepper gave it a sweet taste. This definitely is a keeper and I certainly will make again.
Apr 19, 2015
I love zucchini, but never tried it this way before. This is perfect for any time of day, but I've found it to make an excellent brunch. Plus, its healthy!