Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add zucchini. Reduce heat; cover and cook until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- In another saucepan, saute carrots and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups croutons, soup and sour cream. Gently stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. melt the remaining butter and toss with remaining croutons; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 30, 2015
This is a great recipe & it's really a good way to use up all that garden zucchini!!.
Feb 9, 2010
i made this tonight for my husband and i. it was delicious! i used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and low fat sour cream.Then i cooked the onions and carrots in olive oil and i can't believe it's not butter light. I boiled the sliced zucchini in a bowl with water inthe microwave for ten minutes and it was cooked perfectly,soft yet still slightly crunchy. For the crotons i used some fresh made ones from the store. they were seasoned. i would recommend buying the best ones you can that are seasoned. This had lots of flavor and will definitely be a keeper. next time i may add some precooked chicken or maybe even some precooked Italian turkey sausage and use it as a main dish.
Oct 11, 2009
This dressing is very good we've tried several with not so good results and this one is the best by far.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.