- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forZucchini Cupcakes
"These cupcakes were great"
"I made these last summer when zucchini was in adbundance. Did make one change - used lemon juice and zest instead of the orange juice. Lot of leftover frosting - but why am I complaining? Delicious."
"These cupcakes are absolutely delicious! We always have so much zucchini in the summer, this is a keeper, I made the recipe as stated, just doubled it, and still feel like there aren't enough to go around. :)"
"> I totally loved these cute cupcakes... but I turned them n2 holiday breads - I used the zucchini, crushed pineapple, raisins & either chopped walnuts or pecans (salted) - WOW - they were so good - I made 35 and all of them got sold at the Christmas craft festival this year! I will make these again... both as cupcakes and breads!"
"Since we had many zucchini squash in our garden this year, I used some to try this recipe.I wasn't sorry I did, they are delicious!"
"Great Frosting to use on other cupcakes and cakes"
"These cupcakes are excellent! Batter made 22 cupcakes instead of 1 1/2 doz. Only change I made was added 1/2 cup raisins to batter at end. I almost increased the frosting ingredients slightly."
"The icing was the best part of these!!! The cupcakes themselves were quite delicious but the icing definitely topped these off."