Great flavor, nutritious, versatile, easy to freeze and make ahead, fun to make with kids, quadruples nicely. What's not to like? —Ruth Hartunian-Alumbaugh, Willimantic, Connecticut
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first eight ingredients; transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray. Spread mixture to an 11-in. circle.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13-16 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°. Add toppings. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Crusted Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p146