- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute. Stir in flour and salt. Spread onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Crust Pizza
Sort By :
"We loved this recipe! Used my "zoodle maker" (like a julienne/mandoline shredder) to shred the zucchini as well as other veggies in the pizza. Also added some mushrooms & one cooked & crumbled Italian sausage, increased onion & green pepper to 1 whole of each. Used fresh herbs from the garden instead of dried. Used 1 c mozza & 1 c cheddar as I didn't have enough mozza. Also cut the salt in the crust to 1/4 tsp salt & added 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash. Did use parchment paper to cover the pizza stone, sprayed with oil, & a light sprinkle of cornmeal. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I wanted a firmer "crust" so I shredded 5 medium zucchini, mixed the shreds with 1 teaspon kosher salt and let it sit for 15 minutes. I then put all in a clean dish towel and squeezed out all of the liquid (there's a lot!!!). I got about 3 cups of drier zucchini. I proceeded with the original recipe except I used 1/3 cup AP flour and 1/3 cup white whole wheat. I baked the "crust" for 10 minutes and then added the toppings and baked it for an additional 20 minutes. SOOOOOO delicious!Next time I will use some fresh garlic!"
"Absolutely delicious!! We loved it and I'm definitely making it again!!"
"After reading comments, I decided to grease and put corn meal on my pan. Came out quite nicely. Added black olives and fresh mushrooms. (And mozzarella cheese :-). Tasty way to use zucchini ! Also drained the shredded zucchini of some of it's moisture."
"Although easy to prepare and tasty, and it looked pretty in the pan, it was impossible to get out of the pan in any form that resembled a piece of pizza (yes, I sprayed it first).I didn't give up on this recipe. I made it again in a different pan with success.I also substituted fine corn meal for the flour, since I am sensitive to flour. It worked fabulously and actually I liked the taste much better."