Zucchini Crescent Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender; stir in seasonings. Spoon into crust. Combine the eggs, cheese and ham; pour over zucchini mixture. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2016
Wonderful! We are always looking for new ways to use up zucchini! This recipe for the bill! The crescent rolls are such a quick easy crust!
Aug 20, 2015
Was pleasantly surprised and was excellent!! I used a gluten free pie crust instead. My husband loved and raved about it. Will definitely make again!
Nov 7, 2013
We loved this recipe. I added grated carrots to it as well. Used olive oil instead of butter. My husband was leery of this at first, but to his surprised he really enjoyed it.
Sep 5, 2013
Followed recipe as written. Very bland and not at all what I expected given all the great reviews. Threw out the leftovers.
Aug 19, 2013
Have made this pie several times this summer using different kinds of meat and cheese combinations. Our fav was cubes of roast turkey (yes I roasted a turkey in the summertime) with cheddar cheese. it would be a fun recipe to make with kids - they could smush the crescent roll dough into the pie plate while a grownup slices and cooks the veggies. Stores well in the frig but then I have not had it last more than 2 days! Warning: the store brand crescent rolls are smaller than the name brand rolls.
Aug 13, 2013
This was fantastic. The only thing I did different was to use cheddar cheese.
Aug 9, 2013
Think the overall concept of the recipe is good but I am definitely going to tinker with it for my taste. Omitted the butter completely and sprayed the pan with Butter Pam. Cut the salt to less than an 1/8 tsp as ham is salty enough. Think I will add another egg and cut back on the amount of cheese.
Aug 8, 2013
so delicious and easy! what a great way to use zucchini!
Aug 3, 2013
I love to try new recipes especially ones with veggies. I made this but had to use chicken since we don't eat ham or bacon. It was delicious! My son-in-law stopped by to visit and took a bite of mine. He said "This is what people in heaven eat"!
Jul 29, 2013
I think it was a great way to try Zucchini in a new way. One thing I changed was I substituted bacon for the ham because I don't like ham. I thought over all it was very good and definitely something I will make again.