Zucchini Cranberry Bread
Tart berries, crunchy nuts and tender zucchini are simply delightful mixed together in this mini loaf. I make quick breads to give at Christmas, and lots of people ask for this one. —Carol Lee, Ripon, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the zucchini, cranberry sauce, walnuts and orange zest (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 167 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Cranberry Nut Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.