Zucchini Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 crab cakes.
1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Crab Cakes
"These were delicious! Great way to incorporate some vegees into them, I used mainly the green part of the zucchini to keep the mixture from becoming too wet."