Zucchini Corn Medley
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook zucchini in water and salt until just tender, about 6 minutes. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Drain. Stir in chilies; pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. shallow baking dish. Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour and seasonings until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 171 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 2, 2013
This is definitely worth more than a *5* rating. Have made several times, including holidays. I replace green chilies with green sweet pepper, with fantastic results. Look fwd. to making this for years to come, then pass recipe on to my kids/grandkids, so they can make it for me!
Nov 17, 2012
My family loves this dish! I have made it several times - usually special occassions such as holidays or big family gatherings.
Jul 13, 2012
I have made this twice. It is very good but the second time I made it, it was runny. Perhaps I should allow it to drain longer.
Jun 13, 2009
Have not tried this dish yet, but will soon. Can't wait til zucchini come along in garden.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.