Zucchini Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with pecans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Cupcakes
"They turn out moist if you leave a bit of moisture in the zucchini before adding to the batter. Left some without nuts and added a few chocolate chips to the top instead. Both ways were great (especially for the non-nut people in my house)."
"An easy recipe to throw together that turns out tasting wonderful. A great way to use zucchini before it goes bad."
"Fantastic! I left out the nuts as my family doesn't care for them and they are great!"
"These were very good, but not sweet enough for me. I would consider them more of a muffin then a cupcake."
"Wonderful flavor. Well received by all you shared the goodies!"
"Absolutely delicious. Very moist and flavorful! Will definitely make again!"
"We all loved these cupcakes! Our daughter's school isnut-free, so rather than using the pecans on top, I sprinkled toffee bits on top before baking. Heavenly!!"
"Without the nuts these are like perfect little moist chocolate cakes, my kids had no idea there was zucchini in them. They are absolutely wonderful!"