Zucchini Cheddar Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and basil; cook and stir until onion is tender, 4-5 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; cook and stir over medium-high heat just until zucchini is tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes and olives. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 244 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2015
What an outstanding recipe! I made a small batch for the two of us and wished I would've made more. We really enjoyed it and I'll definitely be making this tasty dish again!
Jun 1, 2015
I didn't have zucchini available! I used cooked spinach which had been left over! I used 3 Tbsp. canola oil in place of the butter. I also omitted the cheese! I used 1 to 1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed. There was 1/2 to 1 medium tomato available, so I just diced it and added it to the vegetable mixture! I also omitted the olives. The next time there is zucchini available, I can prepare it with the actual zucchini. I found this to be an interesting dish! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein
May 26, 2015
This is a tasty side dish, however next time I will add some corn or peas to the mix. I didn't have fresh tomatoes so tried canned diced tomatoes. I think the fresh would be a good deal better. When the zucchini begins to ripen this summer, this will be a good go to recipe .
May 21, 2015
Very good!I forgot the olives but it was good without it.