Zucchini Cheddar Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and basil; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add zucchini and garlic; cook and stir over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or just until zucchini is tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes and olives. Cook, covered, on low about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 244 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 2, 2015
What an outstanding recipe! I made a small batch for the two of us and wished I would've made more. We really enjoyed it and I'll definitely be making this tasty dish again!
Jun 1, 2015
I didn't have zucchini available! I used cooked spinach which had been left over! I used 3 Tbsp. canola oil in place of the butter. I also omitted the cheese! I used 1 to 1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed. There was 1/2 to 1 medium tomato available, so I just diced it and added it to the vegetable mixture! I also omitted the olives. The next time there is zucchini available, I can prepare it with the actual zucchini. I found this to be an interesting dish! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein
May 26, 2015
This is a tasty side dish, however next time I will add some corn or peas to the mix. I didn't have fresh tomatoes so tried canned diced tomatoes. I think the fresh would be a good deal better. When the zucchini begins to ripen this summer, this will be a good go to recipe .
May 21, 2015
Very good!I forgot the olives but it was good without it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.