- 3 whole chicken breasts, precooked, chopped in chunks (3/4-inch) or 4 cups chopped leftover chicken or turkey
- 6 cups diced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Combine zucchini and onion in medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Combine carrots, soup, sour cream and garlic powder in large bowl. Add zucchini/onion and chicken; mix. Spread in buttered 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. To prepare topping, melt butter in skillet, add bread stuffing and seasoning packet and toss well. Sprinkle stuffing over casserole. Top with cheese, if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Casserole
"Very good, Must try if you haven't...????"
"Made this last night! It was excellent!!"
"This recipe is delicious. The family loved it. I added 1 cup of cubed cooked ham in addition to the chicken - was very good."
"Can you substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream? Or soy yoghurt?"