VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small skillet, saute the carrot and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and green onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fluff couscous with a fork; add vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Couscous in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p6