- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake and cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 24 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
"I was very disappointed in the amount of batter for the size pan you have in recipe. I reduced the pan size to a regular 13x9 cake pan. There was only 4 cups batter and for a 15x10x1 you need 8 cups. I don't see anywhere that says to double the recipe for that size pan. It's in the oven, will let you know how it turns out :)"
"This is a very moist and yummy cake."